Question & Answers for Dr. Robert Van Howe, Pediatrician
- Is Dr. Van Howe seeing patients now? Yes, he is seeing patients at both Thumb Pediatrics in Cass City and Millwood Street Primary Care in Caro.
- Why did Hills & Dales hire another pediatrician? Hills & Dales welcomed Dr. Van Howe because there has been a need for additional available appointments for quite some time now. Our Thumb Pediatrics staff, with Dr. Nancy Wade, Darcy, and Andrea is extremely busy. By bringing on Dr. Van Howe, we hope we can better serve our patients with additional appointment times. The same is for Millwood Street Primary Care. Dr. Van Howe will now offer services to our patients that weren’t available before. Having a pediatrician in Caro will hopefully allow families to see their physician right in Caro instead of having to travel somewhere else to get care.
- Does it mean that Dr. Van Howe is going to take Dr. Nancy Wade’s place? No- this is definitely not the case. We are happy to now offer two pediatricians to our patients and hope they will feel the benefit of additional staff! Dr. Nancy Wade will continue to see patients as she did before; as well as Darcy Schlund Tenbusch and Andrea Mosher.
- Does Dr. Van Howe accept all insurances? Dr. Van Howe accepts almost all major insurances. We always recommend that a patient ask the staff when calling to make an appointment just to be sure.
- What if I can’t see Dr. Van Howe in Cass City? Am I allowed to go to Caro to see him? Absolutely! If you are seeing Dr. Van Howe as your pediatrician, you can see him at either clinic location. Because of the electronic medical record system that Hills & Dales utilizes, he will be able to see all of your information in either clinic.
- How do I make an appointment? To make an appointment at Thumb Pediatrics, please call 989-872-8503. To make an appointment at Millwood Street Primary Care, please call 989-672-1555.
Cass City, MI – January 25, 2018
Hills & Dales General Hospital is pleased to welcome the Thumb’s newest Board Certified Pediatrician, Dr. Robert Van Howe. Beginning in March, together with the current staff, Dr. Van Howe will see patients at both Thumb Pediatrics in Cass City and Millwood Street Primary Care in Caro.
Jean Anthony, President & CEO, says, “We could not be more excited to welcome Dr. Van Howe to our team. We have seen a true need for another Pediatrician in both Cass City and Caro and Dr. Van Howe is a great fit. His education, experience, and passion for pediatrics are truly remarkable and we know that patients will benefit from all of these.”
Dr. Van Howe comes to Hills & Dales General Hospital after most recently working for CMU Partners in Saginaw. A graduate of Stritch School of Medicine, Loyola University in Chicago, Dr. Van Howe brings a wealth of pediatric experience to Hills & Dales.
Dr. Van Howe also has a Master’s of Science from the University of Michigan, School of Public Health, in Clinical Research Design and Statistical Analysis. Additionally, Dr. Van Howe served as the Chief of Pediatrics and Professor of Pediatrics at CMU College of Medicine. Having numerous publications, Dr. Van Howe has devoted his career to pediatric care and education